Murrieta Man Arrested After Day-Long Search

A man suspected in a domestic violence incident and the subject of a day-long search in a Murrieta neighborhood Thursday was arrested when...

A man suspected in a domestic violence incident and the subject of a day-long search in a Murrieta neighborhood Thursday was arrested when he returned home that night, police said.

Kenneth Haley, 33, of Murrieta was taken into custody without incident, even though a SWAT team was on site for several hours earlier before it was determined he had fled the area. Following his arrest that night, Haley faces charges of robbery; domestic violence battery; taking of a vehicle without the owner's consent; violation of probation; and committing a crime while out on bail.

The incident began at 5:32 a.m., when the Murrieta Police Department responded to the area of 23800 Corinth Drive in regards to a domestic violence incident. The investigation suggested that Haley had physically assaulted his girlfriend and then took her purse and vehicle. Haley fled the area in the vehicle prior to officers arriving.

A short time later, an officer located the vehicle unoccupied a short distance away. An immediate search of the area was conducted with the use of police canines but Haley was not located. A subsequent search of the exterior of Haley's residence indicated he possibly returned home and locked himself inside.

Murrieta Police had knowledge of an October 2012 arrest of Haley in which a multitude of dangerous weapons were recovered from inside his residence, so the decision was made to utilize the SWAT team. A perimeter was set around Haley's residence and attempts were made to contact him.

After no response was given from inside the residence, the SWAT team, with the assistance of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department's Hazardous Device Team, utilized robotics to safely enter the residence and search for Haley and/or safety hazards. After nearly seven hours of attempting to contact and locate Haley inside his residence, it was discovered he had not returned home after fleeing in his girlfriend's vehicle.

Several hours later, Haley returned home and contacted the police department via telephone. Patrol officers immediately responded back to Haley's residence while he remained on the phone with dispatchers. After approximately 45 minutes of speaking with Haley on the telephone, he voluntarily exited his residence and was taken into custody without further incident.

Haley is currently on probation for a prior arrest and was out on bail for a prior arrest.


News 7315927837626610337

Post a Comment


Follow Us

Subscribe Via E-mail